Monday, April 21, 2008

A Birthday Week

I thought my birthday was extra special this year thanks to Sherilyn and Ian and above all, my HUBBY. ^_^ I didn't have a birthday, it was a birthweek! We spent a lot of $$$ BUT making good memories is what counts. We stayed at Sherilyn and Ian's pad for four days and made some great discoveries!

* * * * Sunday * * * *
We headed to the O.C. in the evening and had a late dinner at Chili's - One of Mark's favorite restaurants.

* * * * Monday * * * *
Aha! Happy Birthday to me! Unfortunately, I had very severe cramps early that morning and prayed that it wouldn't last, atleast not on my birthday. Thank God the Tylenol helped. Came late morning, the pain had suppressed, and I was feeling so much better! First thing was first... we headed to Circuit City and Mark bought me my DSLR Camera KIT (Nikon D-80 with 18mm-135mm lens)! I've been doing DSLR related research these past weeks! I almost came close to choosing a Sony DSLR. And believe me, I'm soooo glad that I didn't! I haven't really focused on playing with my new camera, but I know for sure that it's a good investment! That's WELCOME TO OFFICIAL PHOTOGRAPHY for me! Finally... Eversince God knows when, I have always loved taking pictures and thus that is why I have developed a passion for photography. I have yet to read the manuals and figure out this amazing gadget. I plan to focus on flower photography first.

Here's a picture of my DSLR camera:

After buying my birthday gift, we ate lunch at Panera Bread Cafe. It was my first time to sit and eat there. Their soups are pretty darn good! I had their Broccoli Cheddar and the Bacon Turkey Bravo Sandwich.

We felt full so we went to South Coast mall to walk and shop around. Mark bought me a new make up bag. This time it was Hello Kitty. My heavy duty MAC bag seems to be wearing out. I think it has served its duty... I've had it for 3 years now... time for a change!

Then we bounced back to the pad and I took a short nap. When I woke up, it was time to get ready for dinner, but part of our plan sort of changed last minute. We decided to take pictures at this cool booth that Sherilyn had discovered. WE found this very amusing!!! ^_- I'll post the others soon.

Mark made reservations at the Melting Pot . I had high expectations for this restaurant due to excellent ratings but honestly, it wasn't all that great... it was just "ok." But the Yin-Yang drink and the dessert was absolutely devouring! ^_^ We all agreed to go there next time for just dessert. The whole fondue experience though was fun!

We could only do so much since it was a Monday so the long awaited evening ended there.

* * * * TUESDAY * * * *
We woke up early and made our way to Knott's Berry Farm. It's one of the few amusement parks that I have never been to (but I've been to Knott's Soak City) here in So-cal. I felt excited and surprised that their adult rides weren't that bad. My husband and I are coaster fans and we'll just go about on any. Anyway, we spent most of our time riding these roller coasters. We took advantage of the lines since they were short. Woohoo! Also, we had Mrs. Knott's chicken for lunch. That was something I've been wanting to try for so long and it was yummy!

We ate at Macaroni Grill for dinner. That was quite an experience too as we got to create our own pasta and draw on the table! We also lovvve their bread. Then they took us to YOGURT LAND. My goodness, this is the bomb! Yogurt that doesn't even taste like yogurt and always seem to hit the spot. My favorite is Cheesecake and Peach with almonds and mochi on top. Right on! : )

* * * * WEDNESDAY * * * *
Sherilyn took us to the mall. I forgot the name, but like always, it was fun. We had lunch there and took us a long time for us to decide what to do next. Had some Jamba Juice and went to Barnes and Noble. I was excited to get a book on DSLR's... Sherilyn found a good one for me and hopefully, I can read and learn quickly.

We had dinner at a Korean BBQ place nearby. It was soooooOoOooOoo goooOooood! The only downfall is, it's NOT all you can eat like most Korean BBq's. I was surprised because we ordered a little more than enough for the four of us.

* * * * THURSDAY * * * *
Thursday came, and Mark kept asking what I wanted to do next. Actually, I didn't know what to do anymore. I was completely clueless. I guess we were all tired and didn't want to think so Mark and I decided to go back to San Diego. Before going home, we stopped by a couple of Japanese shops. Guess what I found? PRISON BREAK SEASON 2. Gotta have that without a doubt. And must I not forget, we made a quick stop at YOGURT LAND again, and I took me some Yogurt to go.

* * * * FRIDAY * * * *
Mark and I spent most of the day watching PRISON BREAK 2. For those who haven't started watching it, WATCH IT!!! Oh and Wentworth Miller a.k.a. Michael Scofield... he's MINE!

So there you have it... my birthweek celebration! Oh, and before I go, I would like to say THANK YOU for all of the birthday greetings and gifts! That was very thoughtful and sweet.